Executing DTS from stored procedure / missing master db procedures

Executing DTS from stored procedure / missing master db procedures

Post by Kevin Kuzda » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 02:36:04

We recently upgraded from version 7 to 2000 using the upgrade option. We
execute DTS packages from stored procedures using the following code:

SET NOCOUNT ON

/* Load package */

process_control.dbo.DTS_errors (error_code, error_msg, DTS_package,

/* execute package */

process_control.dbo.DTS_errors (error_code, error_msg, DTS_package,

process_control.dbo.DTS_errors (error_code, error_msg, DTS_package,

Everything works great with the converted server, but when we created our
first named instance of SQL Server 2000, that was not un upgrade, this
stored procedure would not work on the new instance.

After looking at the master database. we discovered that procedure
dt_displayoaerror did not exist.  On further analysis, there were 30 dt_
procedures that did not exist in the pure named-instance SQL Server 2000
installation.

I restored all of our user databases from the converted server to the new
named instance.  All of these user databases contained the 30 dt_
procedures.  Now here is the real mystery.  On Monday morning at 10:04 a.m.,
the 30 dt_  procedures suddenly popped into existence in the master
database.  Neither I or any other member of the staff had anything to do
with it.

Does anyone know why these procedures would not be present on install, but
suddenly pop into existence at a later time?  Are there newer replacements
that should be used instead?

Executing DTS from stored procedure / missing master db procedures

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:00:28

Hi Kevin,
Please see my response to this post in
microsoft.public.sqlserver.server
It's generally not considered good practice to post the same
message separately to multiple groups.

--Sue

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:36:04 -0600, "Kevin Kuzdas"

>We recently upgraded from version 7 to 2000 using the upgrade option. We
>execute DTS packages from stored procedures using the following code:

>SET NOCOUNT ON

>getdate()) PRINT '*** Create Package object failed' EXEC dt_displayoaerror

>/* Load package */

>process_control.dbo.DTS_errors (error_code, error_msg, DTS_package,

>/* execute package */

>process_control.dbo.DTS_errors (error_code, error_msg, DTS_package,

>process_control.dbo.DTS_errors (error_code, error_msg, DTS_package,

>Everything works great with the converted server, but when we created our
>first named instance of SQL Server 2000, that was not un upgrade, this
>stored procedure would not work on the new instance.

>After looking at the master database. we discovered that procedure
>dt_displayoaerror did not exist.  On further analysis, there were 30 dt_
>procedures that did not exist in the pure named-instance SQL Server 2000
>installation.

>I restored all of our user databases from the converted server to the new
>named instance.  All of these user databases contained the 30 dt_
>procedures.  Now here is the real mystery.  On Monday morning at 10:04 a.m.,
>the 30 dt_  procedures suddenly popped into existence in the master
>database.  Neither I or any other member of the staff had anything to do
>with it.

>Does anyone know why these procedures would not be present on install, but
>suddenly pop into existence at a later time?  Are there newer replacements
>that should be used instead?

1. executing DTS in stored procedure / missing master db procedures

[...]

2. PRB: How to create and store a Word doc dynamically in Access ?

3. Stored Procedures with the same name in different DB over-right master DB stored proc

4. Primary Key

5. DTS Log/Executing DTS from stored procedure

6. Java Stored Procedures in Oracle Lite

7. Executing a Stored Procedure in a Stored Procedure and selecting on the result

8. How do I create a Conditional WHERE using IF ... ELSE ??

9. executing system stored procedures within a stored procedure

10. Executing stored procedure from another stored procedure.

11. Problems executing Master Extended Stored Procedures from other Databases

12. Missing Execute Button in stored procedure design view

13. Scripting Master DB Stored Procedures