Waiting for SQL Server query to finish??

Waiting for SQL Server query to finish??

Post by Bob Baldwi » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I have an application in MS Access that retrieves data from a large database
to a local Access table so that viewing is done on local tables. I have
found a weird problem in that I run queries to append the records into the
local tables and the code continues apparently before the query finishes and
I open the form and there is no data. However, I open the form after 5
seconds and the data is there. Is there not a way to have the form open only
after the append query is actually finished or is there something else I am
missing?

Bob Baldwin, MSCP

1. How to wait for procedure finish

I have the following problem:

I am working on a program that processes data from a jet-database.
The program allows the user to edit data in several categories, each
with it's own form.

However, I also have a search routine that is called from several
different forms. I want to use the 'form.enabled=false/true' to
disable access to the other forms while the seach form is visible.
Silly question: HOW?

any sugestions welcome at:

2. HELP - DCPA - INFORMIX Converison HELP!!!

3. waiting for process to finish?

4. 2 Form Headers in one report

5. How to make program wait for Crystal to finish

6. Executing SQL Scripts

7. how to wait for other program to finish????

8. ACCESS -> SQL Server 7.0 - Performance bad! HELP Please

9. EXCEL/MS Query - Waiting to connect to SQL Server

10. PL/SQL log sync waits, log file parallel write waits and redo writes

11. Finishing one query before beginning another

12. StillExecuting returning False even though query hasn't finished

13. ABORT A LONG QUERY BEFORE IT FINISH