KILL NOT Removing Job

Post by Jude » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:06:30

How can I kill a job that just won't go away without having to reboot my sql
server?

KILL NOT Removing Job

Post by Narayana Vyas Kondredd » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:13:44

May be the job is rolling back. It's safer to leave it like that and let it
complete the rollback process. Which version of SQL Server are you on?
--
HTH,
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

How can I kill a job that just won't go away without having to reboot my sql
server?

KILL NOT Removing Job

Post by jls » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:14:34

Sql Server 7.0, the job is BackupExec, and the Network Admin informed me
that the job has been done for hours, Sql Server doesn't think so.....

> May be the job is rolling back. It's safer to leave it like that and let
it
> complete the rollback process. Which version of SQL Server are you on?
> --
> HTH,
> Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

> http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> How can I kill a job that just won't go away without having to reboot my
sql
> server?

KILL NOT Removing Job

Post by Keith Kratochvi » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:30:43

Is it a SQL Server job?
Can you stop and restart SQL Server Agent?

--
Keith, SQL Server MVP

> Sql Server 7.0, the job is BackupExec, and the Network Admin informed me
> that the job has been done for hours, Sql Server doesn't think so.....

> > May be the job is rolling back. It's safer to leave it like that and let
> it
> > complete the rollback process. Which version of SQL Server are you on?
> > --
> > HTH,
> > Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)

> > http://vyaskn.tripod.com/

> > How can I kill a job that just won't go away without having to reboot my
> sql
> > server?

KILL NOT Removing Job

Unfortunately No, it's a BackupExec job the Network guys do