Merge Replication with Table owner other than sa/dbo

Merge Replication with Table owner other than sa/dbo

Post by Wendelin Faessle » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi

We have 4 Databases with 100 to 200 Tables. The Application use the same
Table Name with different Table owner. This for productiv data, demo data,
test data etc. Merge Replication works per default only with dbo (Snapshot
ceration etc.) I tryed to create publication -> transfered Database with
backup restore -> transfered neded stored procedures -> created subscription
and changed SubscriberLogin

This tryed in many many combination without success.
- spend days in testing various scenarious also using snapshot instead of
backup restore etc..
- same steps with dbo as table owner works without problem

Has somebody more information ore a solution how to use merge replication
with different table owner

System NT Server 4 Sp6 with SQL Server 7 (Deskt. Ed.) and Sp2

Would be kuky about every tip, information or solution

Thanks

Wendelin

1. Merge Replication with Table owner other than sa/dbo

[...]

2. Performance

3. Object owner dbo (without 'sa')?

4. Active Document in vfp 6.0.

5. Merge replication changes table owner

6. Database File Paths - Help needed

7. Tables owner in merge replication

8. Update VS Delete/Insert

9. Table owner in filtered merge replication

10. Merge Replication - Table Owner

11. Replication owner not dbo -- Help

12. merge replication error on 1 server, but not others

13. non sa owner viewing sa owned jobs