SQL Role and NT User Group

Post by The Goldmine Gu » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:16:31

This is a tough one. We have to use NT trusted connection. NT groups are
added to DB roles. Problem: How do I find the current login user rights at
running time in VB6? Backend: SQL 7 running at Windows 2000.

For example, a domain group called MyDomain\DeveloperGroup is added to a
role called RoleFullRights, user MyDomain\User1 is in the group. When User1
run the application, he should have the rights specified at RoleFullRights.
All this actually works. But I need to return the rights in run time to the
user. Can't find a way to do it. If I add each NT user to the DB, instead of
the NT group as a whole, I have no problem either because the NT user will
be in the sysusers table.

Thanks a million for your expert help.

1. PL/SQL to Create/Edit/Drop Users, Groups and Roles

I know that the MS product has a bunch of system stored procs for creating,
modifying and deleting Users, Grants, Roles.  (Dare I mention MS SQL Server
in this news group?)

Where can I find a reference that tells me what the qualivant functions are
in PL/SQL?

Cheers

DiG

2. Problem with nested looping

3. NT Group Vs NT User

4. XA Library

5. NT User vs NT Group

6. How to do a DELETE via a table join?

7. application roles and NT groups

8. Clipper 5 - descending index

9. Unable to add groups of users to roles

10. User Role Group Question

11. Help with creating database roles and NT Groups

12. User Role Group Problem!

13. DB roles, NT groups and PERMISSIONS