Determining if an SP is running or not

Post by Sean Jackso » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 09:01:00

I need an SP running all the time.
I dont want to set the startup option for a master SP.
Can I determine if an SP is running or not somehow???

Determining if an SP is running or not

Post by Microsof » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 09:46:46

Sean,

    In the Profiler, there is a data column called object_id.  When you
monitor SP:StatementStarting or SP:StatementCompleted the object_id will be
shown.  You could filter and only trap statements for the object_id of your
stored procedure.

Mark

Quote:> I need an SP running all the time.
> I dont want to set the startup option for a master SP.
> Can I determine if an SP is running or not somehow???

Determining if an SP is running or not

Post by Tibor Karasz » Sat, 09 Sep 2000 16:27:39

Sean,

I guess that you can interrogate the sysprocesses table. And/or use the DBCC
INPUTBUFFER statement.

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
See Neil Pike's FAQ at: http://www.ntfaq.com/Articles/Index.cfm?DepartmentID=800