SQL Programming Class

Post by harbi » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:08:08

All,

First, thanks for all help that you have provided me for
all my postings.

Which class would be helpful to take if I wanted to get
good at SQL Programming, espcially Triggers and Stored
Procedures?  I took Programming a SQL Server 2000 Database
but my instructor didn't really go into those subjects
much.  I thought I was pretty good at SQL but being on
this Newsgroup made me realize my skills are average.  Or
are there any good websites where I can learn some
advanced triggers/sps?  I have no resources at my present
job.  Thanks for your input.

Harbir

SQL Programming Class

Post by Mary Chipma » Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:05:11

You might want to invest in some good books on the subject. I
personally like Ken Henderson's books a lot, but there's many out
there that are also quite good. Joe Celko's books are also an
excellent resource, but are more "pure" SQL and not necessarily SQL
Server specific. Do a search on amazon.com, look at sample chapters,
and read the reviews to find the book(s) that best meet your needs.

-- Mary
MCW Technologies
http://www.mcwtech.com

Quote:>All,