EM won't build queries

Post by the drago » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 06:20:54

OK, I went in to my EM today to check a table, and try to
open the table and I get the following error:

 | An unexpected error happened during this operation   |
 |                                                      |
 | [Query} - Query Designer encountered a Query error:  |
 | unspecified error.                                   |

This happoens in every database I check.  I can close down
EM and restart it, and I still get this error.  If I query
the table in QA, everything works fine.  EM was working as
advertised on Friday when I last used it.  Any ideas?

EM won't build queries

Post by Sue Hoegemeie » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 11:32:59

What version of SQL Server and what service packs have been
applied?
There is a similar known issue on SQL 7 that is fixed in SP
3.
If you are on SQL 7 and SP 2 or less, check:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273472

--Sue

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:20:54 -0800, "the dragon"

>OK, I went in to my EM today to check a table, and try to
>open the table and I get the following error:

> +------------------------------------------------------+
> | An unexpected error happened during this operation   |
> |                                                      |
> | [Query} - Query Designer encountered a Query error:  |
> | unspecified error.                                   |
> +------------------------------------------------------+

>This happoens in every database I check.  I can close down
>EM and restart it, and I still get this error.  If I query
>the table in QA, everything works fine.  EM was working as
>advertised on Friday when I last used it.  Any ideas?

1. EM Open Table- Return All Rows ...Won't Open

Hi,
In EM, whenever I right click a table, choose Open Table,
Return All Rows, (Or Top X), I get the following error
message that prevents me from viewing the contents:
"An unexpected error happened during this operation.
[Query]- Query Designer encountered a query error:
Unspecified error." This happens on every table in the DB.
I inherited the DB so I don't know what could have been
done to cause this error.  Any ideas?

Don
Vector Security
.

2. Problem with the Borland BDE

3. pl/perl won't build under 7.1.3

4. Enterprise databases

5. Won't finish EXE build in VFP

6. anoncvs - here we go again!

7. QUERY'S WON'T RUNN

8. Help ! Close and compact data base

9. Query built in Access doesn't work in SQL Server

10. Configuring DBNAMES programmatically on WIN'NT/WIN'98

11. Error that stored procedures aren't in collection, but they're listed in EM

12. Query in EM vs. query in .asp

13. EM doesn't see drive until it's formatted