Cann't Insert, Update, Delete to DB on SQL Server

Cann't Insert, Update, Delete to DB on SQL Server

Post by Han Nguye » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 04:32:46

Hi,

When I am trying to insert or update to SQL Server from
user application, I just get hour glass and no error
message, nothing but a frozed screen.

I am running SQL 7.0, and the table has 186 columns in it.

I have tried to truncate some of the records out of the
table, but it didn't help.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Han,

Cann't Insert, Update, Delete to DB on SQL Server

Post by oj » Sun, 20 Jan 2002 04:40:56

han,

i am afraid you have to provide more info on this for us to suggest a
solution. could you please post some sample code and posibly table schema
and data.

--
-oj
http://rac4sql.home.attbi.com

Quote:> Hi,

> When I am trying to insert or update to SQL Server from
> user application, I just get hour glass and no error
> message, nothing but a frozed screen.

> I am running SQL 7.0, and the table has 186 columns in it.

> I have tried to truncate some of the records out of the
> table, but it didn't help.

> Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

> Han,

1. Cann't connect to DB from WEB server

I wrote PERL script index.cgi that connects to my DB and do some job.
Everything is working OK when I run script from command line. But when I try to
execute that script from my Internet Explorer I can not connect to Informix
server. Why?
I am working as user ROOT and user have correct environment (it works on command
line). User ROOT run WEB server.
My configuration:
SERVER:
        Digital Unix
        Netscape Enterprise Server
        Informix 7.3x
        Perl Version 5.006
        DBI Version 1.14
        DBD::Informix Version 1.00.PC1

CLIENT:
        Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5

2. Oh my god, is it really this hard to increase field size in DAO??

3. SQL server 6.5: SQL Executive cann't start

4. We can help with database development

5. cann't install MS SQL Server 2000

6. SQL Server 7.0

7. Audit trail insert, update delete in SQL Server 7.0

8. Getting Unix environment variable from SQL or PL/SQL

9. When does SQL Server decide to use UPDATE as against DELETE/INSERT pairs

10. When the ftp task cann't connect server,I can't continue the step

11. cann't run stored_proc on a transfered DB

12. Can't insert, delete, or update tables