1. SQL/ASP and string with more than 255 chars
Well, I made some web pages (.asp pages) to be able retrieve and store
text into a Visual Fox Pro Database (v.6.0).
- The field in wich I put my text is a memo field (VFP field that can
contain different type of data with a dynamic size)
- The text that I'm trying to put into this memo field is written using
a TEXTAREA (HTML) element
- To access the database I use a SQL request written in VBasic
- The code used is the following:
<% set OBJdbConnection = server.createObject("adodb.connection")
SQLId = Request.Form("RepId")
SQLStatus = Request.Form("RepStatus")
SQLTitle = Request.Form("RepTitle")
SQLUpdatingdate = Request.Form("RepUpdatingDate")
SQLReport = Request.Form("RepReport") ' Value of the TEXTAREA
SQLReport = Replace(SQLReport,"'","''")
SQLReport = Replace(SQLReport,Chr(13),"<BR>") ' substitute the
SQLReport = Replace(SQLReport,Chr(10),"<BR>") ' substitute the
SQLUpdate = "UPDATE atrs_issue2 SET Description = ' "& SQLReport
&" ' where id =" & SQLId &";"
set RSCustomerList = OBJdbConnection.execute(SQLUpdate) '
Blocked if length of SQLUpdate > 255 char
My problem is simple:
If the number of characters contained in the TEXTAREA element that I
access with the var : SQLReport exceed 255 my request is blocked by
IIS server and the error message is (but it's possible to write more
than 255 char in the TEXTAREA):
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Command contains unrecognized
I think that maybe it's a problem related to the Server Variable
environment (IIS server) maybe there is a way to specify the amount of
the data transmitted during an OBJdbConnection.execute request.
Thanks very much, have a nice day and take care Phil Nembrini.
Ascom Transmission AG - Broadnet Division / NAE
Schwarzenburgstrasse 73, CH-3014 Bern/Liebefeld, Switzerland
Phone: +41 31 999 2198
FAX: +41 31 999 3057
2. Multiple forms with MFC DAO
3. problema con buffer de psql
4. Master / Detail question
5. US-NJ-ORACLE HRMS DEVELOPER
6. SQL/ASP and string with more than 255 char
7. SQL/ASP and string with more than 255 chars
8. Passing parameter with size >255 chars to sqlserver 6.5
9. Memo field updates longer than 255 chars