Performance monitor question

Post by Ray » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know what are the best statistics to watch in the nt Perf mon.
to tell if SQL is being bogged down by resources?

TIA

Performance monitor question

Post by Jackie Broph » Wed, 20 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I have found this site helpful - sorry it will wrap and you'll have to cut
and paste.
http://www.sql-server-performance.com/performance_monitor_tips.asp#CP...
mance%20Counters

Jackie

Quote:> Does anyone know what are the best statistics to watch in the nt Perf mon.
> to tell if SQL is being bogged down by resources?

> TIA

1. Performance Monitor question

I'm saving some performance data to a binary log to view over time and
compare to a SQL Profiler Trace.  When I view the logs in the System Monitor
as View Chart, the graph looks like a stock mkt ticker with the high & low
for that specific point in time.  Is there a way to turn off the high & low
so that I get just the single line?  If I want to look at several counters
at the same time looking for a correlation, the high & low marks just junk
up the graph.  (It may be that these lines are normal, but I'd like to turn
it off.)

I'm using a 1 second interval. If I run the trace for about one minute, the
high & low lines are not there, much longer than that and the graph has it.

Thanks

2. ODBC Driver for DBF/NTX files

3. Performance Monitor Question

4. DB2/2 experiences?

5. Monitor SQL Server Memory Usage Using NT Performance Monitor

6. foxbase+ mac printer switch

7. Performance Monitor - basic questions HELP ME !!!

8. SQL Query in separate thread ?

9. question about performance monitor

10. Questions about using Performance Monitor to handle log full

11. Performance Monitor newbie question

12. Question on Performance Monitor

13. Performance Monitor - basic questions HELP ME !!!