Union Query Access-SQL7

Post by Peter Leema » Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Help Please!

If  I've been told correctly, then when I create a union query within Access
between data held in Access and SQL7 I need to have the field sizes the
same, but this causes a problem as the field sizes within SQL7 will change
automatically making my queries useless in a short space of time.

Is there a way of getting the field size from the SQL field automatically
and link this into the Access union query.

Any help greatly appreciated

Peter

1. Problem with expression in a Union query in SQL7

Hello -

Confused; while the following will work fine:

PennName
FROM originStudents

When I add on the following, it fails:
UNION
SELECT lastname, firstname, pennname
FROM originFaculty

with this message:
Invalid length parameter passed to the substring function.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received here or via email, many
thanks.

--
Peter Ivanick
Web Developer

Phone: 215.573.2306 Fax: 215.573.8777
http://www.vet.upenn.edu/

2. Controlling Dot-matrix printer using print method

3. access query converted to sql7 query

4. SQL Anywhere 5.0

5. Access Pass Through / Max Records value inaccurate with temp table/union query

6. Detail Table error

7. UNION query returns Nothing from VB, but not from Access

8. US-FL- INFORMIX OPPORTUNITIES - CONSULTING / FULL TIME

9. Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) and Union Queries

10. ODBC and Access 2000 query using UNIONs

11. union of normal select query and rollup query

12. Need help turning OUTER JOIN query into UNION query

13. SQL7.0: UNION vs OUTER JOIN and Performance