* How to migrate the entire database

Post by Jay » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:39:28

I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the entire
database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

Thanks.

* How to migrate the entire database

Post by BP Margoli » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 13:45:12

Jay,

Check out the documentation in the SQL Server 2000 Books Online about the
"Upgrade Wizard".

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Quote:> I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the entire
> database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

> Thanks.

* How to migrate the entire database

Post by menard 24262 » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 15:37:04

another way i am fond of is to move the data files and logs to the new
server, install the database and do the attach method.

mike menard
systems and data admin
stanley aviation

Quote:> I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the entire
> database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

> Thanks.

* How to migrate the entire database

Post by Steve Thompso » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:13:15

Mike, SQL Server 6.5 uses devices, not files -- so this technique would not
work for Jay...

Steve

> another way i am fond of is to move the data files and logs to the new
> server, install the database and do the attach method.

> mike menard
> systems and data admin
> stanley aviation

> > I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the
entire
> > database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

> > Thanks.

* How to migrate the entire database

Post by Steve Thompso » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:56:05

Jay,

Please read the following white paper:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/upgrading/howtoup.asp
Since you've got another computer running SQL 2000, consider using a direct
connection (or pipeline) between the 2 servers.

Steve

Quote:> I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the entire
> database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

> Thanks.

* How to migrate the entire database

Post by Steve Thompso » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:13:15

Mike, SQL Server 6.5 uses devices, not files -- so this technique would not
work for Jay...

Steve

> another way i am fond of is to move the data files and logs to the new
> server, install the database and do the attach method.

> mike menard
> systems and data admin
> stanley aviation

> > I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the
entire
> > database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

> > Thanks.

* How to migrate the entire database

Post by Steve Thompso » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:56:05

Jay,

Please read the following white paper:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/howtobuy/upgrading/howtoup.asp
Since you've got another computer running SQL 2000, consider using a direct
connection (or pipeline) between the 2 servers.

Steve

Quote:> I have my database on SQL Server 6.5.  I would like to migrate the entire
> database over to SQL 2000 on another box.  How can I do this?

> Thanks.

1. Replicating an entire database

I have been told that we intend to use replication to maintain a copy of our
entire database.
This is being done partially as a backup but also to provide a copy of live
data on which reports
and ad hoc querys created by users can be run.

Our live database is reasonablely well used.

What are the implications of replicating the entire database?

Regards
Ian Wyld

2. pgsql-server/contrib/cube README.cube cube.c c ...

3. Copy entire database to remote machine

4. SELECT WHERE

5. Importing Entire VFP database into SQL Server

6. grouping in multi table report

7. Export entire database to Flat file

8. Migrating Oracle Applications Data to another instance

9. Search entire database for specific value

10. SQL-DMO Script entire database???

11. Upper Case on Entire Database

12. Copy Entire Database - DTS