Set database setting for backup/restore timeout

Set database setting for backup/restore timeout

Post by Charles Hammel » Sun, 23 Sep 2001 06:37:15

I want to set the server database setting for backup/restore tape timeout to
return immediately. I know how to do it from Enterprise Manager, but I need
to do it programmatically.

Any ideas?

Set database setting for backup/restore timeout

Post by Tibor Karasz » Tue, 25 Sep 2001 20:49:02

You can run profiler while setting this to capture what SQL EM uses to do this.. (Probably
xp_regread or similar...)

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> I want to set the server database setting for backup/restore tape timeout to
> return immediately. I know how to do it from Enterprise Manager, but I need
> to do it programmatically.

> Any ideas?

1. Help needed restoring a One-Write Plus database backup-set

I am hoping someone on this group has had previous exp working on a
binary level with the databases created by the accounting program
called One-Write Plus for Windows.

My client has a backup of his year 1999 financial records on two
floppy disks, containing a compressed backup made by One-Write Plus,
version 5 or 6. The main disk has two bad sectors and cannot produce
a readable output from the data stored in those sectors. When we try
to restore the company database for use in One-Write Plus 8, the
decompression fails at "Page 4248." Then the restoration is aborted,
although the rest of the data can be decompressed. OnTrack was
unsuccessful in bringing the data up on a replacement set of
floppies.

If there is anyone out there with knowledge of this program and its
file system, and has any idea how one might insert bogus data into
the exact location in the bad copy so as to allow the rest of the
data to decompress, please let me know your recommendations. Note
that the compressed files represent a multifile original database
set, merged and compressed in filesize.

I have access to recent backups of the same company, which could be
used as a template, but I do not know what type of editor to use, or
how to read the encoded binary data or line numbers.

This information is vital to my client. Any assistance will be
appreciated. Professional database programmers can contact me by
email regarding paid services, which the client will cover. Strip

--

Sincerely, Bob "Wiz" Feinberg

2. Memory Leak in Delphi 4/BDE 5.01

3. BUG: SQL SERVER 2k SET FMTONLY not working correctly on a db restored from v70 backup

4. winsock control in unattended execution

5. Restoring a BackUp set

6. To Peter Eisentraut

7. How to restore from a backup set

8. help please!!

9. HEEEEEEEELLPPPPP - Problems with Restore Backup - Family Sets

10. Question about restore from 6.5 backup set

11. SQL 2000 disks go bezerk when setting up a restore or backup

12. HEEEEEEEELLPPPPP - Problems with Restore Backup - Family Sets

13. can you set a time out setting on a database login