Error that stored procedures aren't in collection, but they're listed in EM

Error that stored procedures aren't in collection, but they're listed in EM

Post by joh » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 05:41:52

SQL 7.0 SP3.  WINNT 4.0 Enterprise SP6a.
I'm receiving an error trying to run a stored procedure that the
stored procedure (could be any stored procedure owned by this user)
isn't in the collection.  I've noticed all dbo owned stored procedures
work.
I should note that recently, I had to restore the entire database from
backup.  After the restore, the user in question wasn't listed in
Enterprise Manager, but I got an error that the user already exists
when trying to create the user.  I fixed that problem by manually
deleting the row for this user in sysusers and recreating the user in
Enterprise Manager.  This is also the same time my stored procedures
stopped working.
Any suggestions?
Thank you all.

Error that stored procedures aren't in collection, but they're listed in EM

Post by Shehzad Shabb » Wed, 14 Aug 2002 23:07:21

Open that stored procedure and check if the actual name is same as the
stored procedure's name.

regards

Post by mountain ma » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 02:34:19

> Open that stored procedure and check if the actual name is same as the
> stored procedure's name.

> regards

Quote:> > SQL 7.0 SP3.  WINNT 4.0 Enterprise SP6a.
> > I'm receiving an error trying to run a stored procedure that the
> > stored procedure (could be any stored procedure owned by this user)
> > isn't in the collection.  I've noticed all dbo owned stored procedures
> > work.
> > I should note that recently, I had to restore the entire database from
> > backup.  After the restore, the user in question wasn't listed in
> > Enterprise Manager, but I got an error that the user already exists
> > when trying to create the user.  I fixed that problem by manually
> > deleting the row for this user in sysusers and recreating the user in
> > Enterprise Manager.  This is also the same time my stored procedures
> > stopped working.
> > Any suggestions?
> > Thank you all.

Or that this user has not correctly granted/allowed appropriate
access to his/her set of sp's.

Farmer Brown
Falls Creek, Australia

1. ADO Errors collection doesn't store a SQLOLEDB error

Hi:
I've developed a set of stored procedures and triggers in order to
automatically do what SQL Server 7 does not: cascading and referencial
integrity check. Everything works. Probing from iSQL the referencial
integrity triggers launch a user error message when a restriction is
attemped to be violated, but if I do a violation from ADO and then handle
the Errors collection, no error has been detected. I found at Microsoft
online support a OLEDB bug referring to this problem when you use RAISERROR
in a stored procedure. I supposed I could apply this to a trigger because
the problem seemed to be exactly the same...
One solution is to set NOCOUNT to true, but it doesnt solve my problem.
Nothing happens...
Another solution from Microsoft is salomonic: use ODBC. But I MUST use
OLEDB, so Microsoft cant help me.

Does anyone out there know how to solve this???

Thanks in advance

2. Nt users authenticating to SQL database

3. xp_startmail error 'Cannot find stored procedure'

4. Case-sensitivity question!

5. Error 627 - Cannot Use Save Transaction Within Distributed Transaction

6. Error with Store Procedure using '?'

7. What Label Printer

8. 'Could not find stored procedure' Error

9. Run-time error '3265': Item not found in this collection

10. Stored procs aren't scaleable?

11. Compile time errors, but really aren't