Data truncation issue with DTS

Post by Marcus LeBlan » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:29:47

We have SQL Server 2000 with SP2 on an NT 4.0 box with SP
6a. When transferring tables using the import/export
option or a predefined DTS package, our tables are
truncated. Example table1 = 60261 records prior to
transfer. After transfer, table1 = 60000 records. Any help
with this would be great.

Data truncation issue with DTS

Post by Allan Mitchel » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 16:32:45

Make sure there are no triggers on the table
Make sure some of the data does not break any constraints
If the source is a text file then make sure it is formatted correctly.

I have heard people having this problem before so I would check
these things first

Also when you reply back can you tell us

Source type
Destination Type

etc etc

Any info to help us.  Also enable logging and look for any errors.

--

Allan Mitchell (Microsoft SQL Server MVP)
MCSE, MCDBA

1. DB2 V7 Client issue - CLI0109E Right data truncation

We are currently developing an MTS/ADO application that goes against a
DB2 database on OS/390 via a DB2 Connect gateway.  We recently updated
our DB2 Run-time Client from V6 FP8 to V7 FP6.  Ever since this
upgrade, we are now experiencing a CLI0109E error whenever we attempt
to insert a value into a CLOB column, or when we execute an UPDATE
that sets a LONG VARCHAR column to an empty string.

Can anyone out there shed some light on what might be going on here??
Is anyone out there doing anything similar to this?

We know this code works perfectly fine using a V6 Client going to DB2
for OS/390 V6 (We've know because we tested this on another DB2
subsystem here).  The problem is that we had to go to the V7 client to
fix a different problem that we were having.  That problem was fixed
by the V7 client but now it causes these INSERTs/UPDATEs to fail.

Any assistance/insight would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Perry R. Shindle
KPMG Consulting
Harrisburg, PA
(717) 783-6419

2. Can Not Save DTS

3. Fractional Truncation, String Data, right truncation.

4. Any paper to make SQL backup?

5. DTS & Data Truncation on Export to Excel

6. need help (forms-reports) please

7. Truncation Issue

8. Password problems

9. Truncation Issue Using Excel as db with ASP

10. DTS (Data Transformation Services) issue

11. DTS Truncation Help

12. DTS Truncation???????