create view from SQL Server 2000 and 2003

create view from SQL Server 2000 and 2003

Post by May » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:52:53

I have installed SQL Server 2003 on one computer.  I need to create a
view connecting 2 tables from the local server and 1 table from a linked
server which has SQL Server 2000 on it.  I got this error:
The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider
'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction...
New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator.

But if I create the same view in Query Analyzer, it works.  But it
doesn't work in Enterprise Manager.  The server with 2000 is on the list
of the Linked Servers on the SQL Server 2003 one.  and the DTC is
running.  I don't understand what else I could change.
http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

create view from SQL Server 2000 and 2003

Post by Deepa » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:25:54

what is the URL to download sql server 2003

Thanks
Deepak

Quote:> I have installed SQL Server 2003 on one computer.  I need to create a
> view connecting 2 tables from the local server and 1 table from a linked
> server which has SQL Server 2000 on it.  I got this error:
> The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider
> 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction...
> New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator.

> But if I create the same view in Query Analyzer, it works.  But it
> doesn't work in Enterprise Manager.  The server with 2000 is on the list
> of the Linked Servers on the SQL Server 2003 one.  and the DTC is
> running.  I don't understand what else I could change.
> --
> Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com
> http://web2news.com/?microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming

1. SQL 2000 Server SP3 and Windows Server 2003

Hello.,
I'm trying to apply the SP3 on Windows Server 2003, but i
always get a error that the setup can not login on
sqlserver, maybe this is because windows disable the
ports i can see this on the event viewer, so what i have
to do to install the SP3 or to enable the sqlserver to
run on Windows Server to apply the SP3.
Thanks.,

Alex

2. adLockPessimistic

3. Install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 WEb Edition

4. Remote view - who should create it? - discussion point!

5. SQL Server 2000 Setup Procedure on Windows Server 2003

6. Iowa - UNIX/Oracle/C++ P/A

7. SQL Server 2000 SP3 fails to install on Windows Server 2003

8. SQL Server 2000 won't install on Window Server 2003

9. Can't install SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 French

10. Installing SQL 2000 Server on Win Server 2003 Standard

11. sql server 2000 and windows 2003 web edition

12. sql server 2000 problem on Windows 2003