SQLRestore causes Err EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when declared using WithEvents

SQLRestore causes Err EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION when declared using WithEvents

Post by Nico » Wed, 26 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Im trying to code a little app to restore a dump. Everything works fine,
but if I try to declare Restore-object using withevents, I get error
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. I checked SQLServers event log, but no error is
logged. Even the database is restored?
This behaviour vanishes if the Restore-object is 'normal' declared.

Any ideas?

Nico

1. BUG in SQLDMO ???? Declaring SQLDMO-Objects withevents in VB causes EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

I'm using the SQLDMO in Visual Basic.
When I declare a SQLServer object with events and attempt to connect
it, it fails with an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION -Error
 (not every time, but I can't figure it out on which it depends)
Also it fails when trying to run the ExecuteImmediate - method.
The same things happens with the transfer object.
In a sample ,that is shipped with SQL-Server Standard Edition,
I have read in an comment that this might occur, but why, I have no idea?

Is this a bug in SQLDMO???
Does anybody have same experiences or any ideas for workarounds?

Thanks for any help!
Thomas Adams

2. FPW 2.6 OLE or DDE li

3. Win API, SendMessage

4. DTS VB - Error executing Package declare withevents

5. VBScript (ADO): recordcount = -1

6. SQLDMO object declared as WithEvents

7. any experiences with dataease 5.15 and sql-connect for oracle

8. Intellicode feature dissapears when declaring ADO objects WithEvents

9. Getting wrong backup when using SQLRestore

10. ERR: identifier SYS.DBMS_DEFER_IMPORT_INTERNAL must be declared

11. Full Backup Job causing EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

12. Object event causes EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION