ER Diagrams (Entity Relationship)

Post by Vignes » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Use either Erwin or Powersoft's S-Designor and do revese engineering.
Based on the existing database it will create the ER diagram for u.

bye
Vignesh
Keane, Inc.

> I have just started a new job, and there is a fairly large size database
> that I now have to support.  The problem is that no-one before me ever
did
> an Entity Relationship Diagram (ER Diagram).  I am wondering if there
might
> be a utility that can automatically generate one?

> Please EMAIL me if you can be of any help..

> Sincerely, Jay Kappel

1. Entity Relationship Diagram from a Normalised Form

Hi I am currently having problems changing my 3N form to an Entity
Relationship Diagram. The Database is structured to display a Staff Project
Allocation.

Question1:    Is my normalisation correct.
Question2:    Does anyone know how to change the normalisation to an
Entity Relationship Diagram not a Entity Relationship Model.
The later having crows feet relations, the ERD containing numbers at
each end of the relation. I have completed some of it but I am confused
with the numbers

Scenario
There are 5 people working in the company.
They have 5 major account customers.
They are working on between 2 and 4 projects each.
Normalisation
1NF

Staff-1         (StaffNo, StaffName, StaffGrade)

Duties -1     (StaffNo, ProjectCode, ProjectDescription, CustomerNo,

                  CustomerName, DaysAllocated)

2NF

Staff-2         (StaffNo, StaffName, StaffGrade)

Duties -2     (StaffNo, ProjectCode, CustomerNo, CustomerName)

Project-2     (ProjectCode, ProjectDescription, DaysAllocated)

3NF

Staff-3         (StaffNo, StaffName, StaffGrade)

Duties-3     (StaffNo, ProjectCode, CustomerNo)

Project-3     (ProjectCode, ProjectDescription, DaysAllocated)

Customer-3 (CustomerNo, CustomerName)

2. VFP List Control's bug

3. Entity-Relationship Diagrams

4. Mac cant see pc DB

5. HELP NEEDED - ENTITY RELATIONSHIP DIAGRAMS

6. Runtime Error 20532

7. Entity Relationship Diagram - database design problem

8. EJB O'Reilly 2ed, weblogic/Cloudscape

9. References for Entity-Relationship Diagram Notations - Help

10. entity relationship diagram tool

11. Looking for books - entity-relationship diagramming and design

12. Entity-relationship diagrams

13. Correct Entity Relationship Diagram Notation.