"Not configured for DATA ACCESS"

Post by Rick Charne » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:20:51

From my home server 'myserver1' I've tried to set up server 'myserver2'
as a linked server in SQL2000 for myself, userid=xxx, with these
commands:

--while on myserver1:
sp_addserver myserver2
exec sp_addremotelogin myserver2,xxx

--while on myserver2:
sp_addserver myserver1
exec sp_addremotelogin myserver1,xxx

Everything went fine.  But when I tried to actually access the data on
myserver2 I received this error:

Server 'myserver2' is not configured for DATA ACCESS.

Can someone suggest what might be going on?

"Not configured for DATA ACCESS"

Post by Dinesh T » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:30:21

Rick,

exec sp_addlinkedserver myserver2
exec sp_serveroption myserver2 , 'data access', 'true'

Dinesh.
--
---
SQL Server FAQ at

Quote:> From my home server 'myserver1' I've tried to set up server 'myserver2'
> as a linked server in SQL2000 for myself, userid=xxx, with these
> commands:

> --while on myserver1:
> sp_addserver myserver2
> exec sp_addremotelogin myserver2,xxx

> --while on myserver2:
> sp_addserver myserver1
> exec sp_addremotelogin myserver1,xxx

> Everything went fine.  But when I tried to actually access the data on
> myserver2 I received this error:

> Server 'myserver2' is not configured for DATA ACCESS.

> Can someone suggest what might be going on?

"Not configured for DATA ACCESS"

Post by Murali [M » Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:23:41

Hi there,

If you are ot comfortable with the above command sp_serveroption, you could
still go to the sql em, right click on your linked server under the
security - > linked servers folder and click on properties, you can then
click on the server options tab and click on data access to achieve the
same as suggested in the previous command.

Hope it helps,

Thanks.

"This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no
rights."