SOS : how install SQL Server 6.5 with NT Workstation 4.0

SOS : how install SQL Server 6.5 with NT Workstation 4.0

Post by Monsieur Sylvain JEANPETI » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I want install SQL Server 6.5 . I have Windows Nt Workstation 4.0. Setup
stop when program try to run MSqlServer.
- Should i do create a special user, with SA ?
- I m administrator when i run setup program
Someone tell me some details to finish this installation ?

Tanks

SOS : how install SQL Server 6.5 with NT Workstation 4.0

Post by Neil Pik » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Just use administrator.  "sa" is a SQL Server userid, not an NT one

> I want install SQL Server 6.5 . I have Windows Nt Workstation 4.0. Setup
> stop when program try to run MSqlServer.
> - Should i do create a special user, with SA ?
> - I m administrator when i run setup program
> Someone tell me some details to finish this installation ?

> Tanks

 (Please reply only to newsgroups)
 SQL FAQ (374 Entries) see

 or www.ntfaq.com/sql.html (+ ntfaq download)
 or http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 or http://www.sql-server.co.uk

1. Problem Installing SQL Server 6.5 on NT 4.0 Workstation SP3

Newby with SQL SERVER needs help:

I have good indication that SQL Server can run on NT4 WORKSTATION (SP3).

I am setting it up as a stand-alone DBMS, and it appears to be relatively
straight forward.
I have named pipes selected, and I select to have the SQL Executive log on
using a local
system account (which has admin rights).

However, in the final thows of installation, the installation program tries
to dial up my ISP number (!) looking for the name of the current logged-on
NT
account. This surely should not be. Installation subsequently failes, due to
"Setup could could not connect to SQL Server" error.

I have also created a separate account for SQL Server with admin rights,
and selected to have the SQL Executive
log on to NT using this account. The same error occurs.

Any feedback much appreciated,

Gerrit Hoekstra
WI, USA

2. Best hardware platform

3. Installing SQL Server 6.5 under NT 4.0 Workstation

4. SQL/XML examples

5. Installing Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 Developer Edition On Windows NT Workstation 4.0 sp3

6. An Interesting Problem for All Data Mart Gurus!

7. Cannot normally install SQL Server 6.5 (workstation vrsion)on WinNT 4.0 Workstation

8. Merge Replication Timeouts

9. SQL 6.5 Workstation Installation Problem on NT 4.0 Workstation

10. MS SQL Server 6.5 and NT Workstation 4.0

11. Problem installing SQLServer 6.5 Client on NT Workstation 4.0

12. installing SQL Server 6.5 in Windows 95/NT Workstation