Upgrade 6.0 ALPHA to 7.0 INTEL

Post by Herby Roege » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Im am trying to upgrade my Databases from a ALPHA machine running SQL server
6.0 SP3 to a INTEL machine running 7.0 SP1. The upgrade wizard tels me he
can not upgrade between sql versions running on a different processor type.
How can I upgrade my 6.0 to 7.0 ?

Thanks in advance
--

Herby Roeges
OCAS N.V.

Tel : +32-9-345.13.37
Fax :  +32-9-345.12.04

Upgrade 6.0 ALPHA to 7.0 INTEL

Post by Tibor Karasz » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Herby,

I would upgrade into Alpha. and the move the files from 7.0 Alpha to 7.0
Intel through backup/restore or sp_attach_db.

--
Tibor Karaszi
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

> Im am trying to upgrade my Databases from a ALPHA machine running SQL
server
> 6.0 SP3 to a INTEL machine running 7.0 SP1. The upgrade wizard tels me he
> can not upgrade between sql versions running on a different processor
type.
> How can I upgrade my 6.0 to 7.0 ?

> Thanks in advance
> --

> Herby Roeges
> OCAS N.V.
> John Kennedylaan 3
> B-9060 Zelzate
> Belgium

> Tel : +32-9-345.13.37
> Fax :  +32-9-345.12.04

1. Upgrading from Alpha 6.5 to Intel 7.0

I have a client that tells me that the 2-computer upgrade fails when
upgrading from his Alpha 6.5 SQL Server to an Intel 7.0 SQL Server.  Has
anybody heard of this- am I dealing with a network problem related to this
client, or is it an hardware incompatability issue?

2. Illinois-Corporate Oracle DBA

3. Migrating 6.0 from Alpha to Intel

4. DAO memory problems

5. MS SQL server 6.0 - alpha to intel

6. Question on Linked Servers

7. Server Upgrade from Alpha to Intel

8. Import out of order from Files

9. Help - Upgrade from a DEC Alpha to Intel!

10. Conversion of Alpha SQL 6.5 to Intel SQL 7.0

11. Mgration from sql 6.5 alpha to sql 7.0 intel

12. SQL 6.5 Alpha to 7.0 Intel?

13. Upgrading SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0 and Upgrading VB 5.0 to 6.0