unable to connect to analysis server

Post by Davi » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:51:31

I have recently installed windows xp, sql server 2000 with
sp2.

when I try to connect to the analysis server, it gives me
the following error:

"unable to connect to the registry on the server, or you
are not a member of olap administrators"

sql server works happily, and I am a member of the olap
administrators group.

The problem is also inconsistant, sometimes I can connect.

any ideas?

David

unable to connect to analysis server

Post by Mosha Pasumansky [MS » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 05:01:48

Very very similar problem was fixed in SP2. Are you sure you have SP2 ?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307365

Development Lead in the Analysis Server team
All you need is love (John Lennon)
Disclaimer : This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights.

Quote:> I have recently installed windows xp, sql server 2000 with
> sp2.

> when I try to connect to the analysis server, it gives me
> the following error:

> "unable to connect to the registry on the server, or you
> are not a member of olap administrators"

> sql server works happily, and I am a member of the olap
> administrators group.

> The problem is also inconsistant, sometimes I can connect.

> any ideas?

> David

unable to connect to analysis server

Post by Microsoft OLAP Suppo » Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:51:41

Hi David,

I'm David with Microsoft OLAP Support.
Make sure you have installed the SP2 for Analysis Services which is a
separate install from the SQL Server SP2. Go to
http://download.microsoft.com/download/SQLSVR2000/SP/8.00.0534.01/W98...
XP/EN-US/SQL2KASP2.exe from the Analysis Services SP2.

Let me know if that doesn't work or if you have already installed the SP2.

Thank you,
David Botzenhart
Microsoft OLAP Support
(704) 582-8320
Hours: 7:00 - 4:00 EST

Quote:> We are interested in any feedback you might have about the service you