Q: Lost DB due to system crash but saved DB files how to recreate DB.

Q: Lost DB due to system crash but saved DB files how to recreate DB.

Post by Hai » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:02:27

Hi All,

I have a question and it goes somthing like this:

The System crashed and the person some how managed to save the data file form the
SQL 7.0 data file. They are the .MDF and the LDF files of the database.

Is it possible to recreate the database with these two files.

Thanks in advance.................

hai..............

Q: Lost DB due to system crash but saved DB files how to recreate DB.

Post by Dejan Sark » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 16:19:33

Hai,

you can attach them to a new server with sp_attach_db. Do check it in BOL.

HTH,
Dejan Sarka

I have a question and it goes somthing like this:

The System crashed and the person some how managed to save the data file
form the
SQL 7.0 data file. They are the .MDF and the LDF files of the database.

Is it possible to recreate the database with these two files.

Thanks in advance.................

hai..............

Q: Lost DB due to system crash but saved DB files how to recreate DB.

Post by Tony Rogerso » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 16:24:33

You should be able to use sp_attach_db - check out books online.

--
Tony Rogerson SQL Server MVP
Torver Computer Consultants Ltd

Hi All,

I have a question and it goes somthing like this:

The System crashed and the person some how managed to save the data file
form the
SQL 7.0 data file. They are the .MDF and the LDF files of the database.

Is it possible to recreate the database with these two files.

Thanks in advance.................

hai..............

1. D2 DB App crashes when reopening DB forms

Hi,

I have a simple little D2 DB app. I use a Datamodule for two tables, and
have two data browse/edit forms that have their own Datasource component
linked to the Datamodule. Everything works as expected, but if I close a
form and reopen it (by recreating it), then the application crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I need to do to
disconnect the datasources or data controls, before allowing the forms to
close? I tried setting the Dataset property in the datasources to nil in
the destroy event of the form, and that didn't help.

--

1 Mises (M1.00) = 0.01 troy ounce gold; 1 Rand (1R) = 0.01 Mises

"The highest responsibility of philosophers is to serve as the
guardians and integrators of human knowledge."   -- Ayn Rand

2. wtf?! DAO References

3. DB Server crash when users write to the db

4. Actuate 2.0 problem

5. SQL DB to File...File to SQL DB???

6. Select table Using Top Or spec. Index

7. Restore two DB file into four DB file

8. SQL Statement Help

9. FM Server 3.0 on NT - Crashes losing 75% of db records

10. issue re: x-db ownership chaining and master db system tables

11. Visual Basic App using Foxpro DB vs Access DB vs SQL Server DB

12. HELP!: DB/2 Query Manager (DB/2 v1.0) not available under DB/2 v2.1

13. restoring the db from the db files