DTS causes 24hour clock time to change to am/pm and loses or gains 12 hours

DTS causes 24hour clock time to change to am/pm and loses or gains 12 hours

Post by Ric Griff » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

All SQL 7 sp1 on NT 4.0 sp5 tables reflect the true date/time, however, when
DTS moves it to our FoxPro tables, it changes it to an offset 12 hours. Most
of the time this does not occur. It seems to happen every 20 to 50 records.
For example, SQL shows a time of 0100 and the record after DTS will show
1:00pm

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric Griffy, MCP

DTS causes 24hour clock time to change to am/pm and loses or gains 12 hours

Post by Tibor Karasz » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

I'd do a SELECT CONVERT in the SELECT query (source), and convert the
datetime data to string (thus have control over the representation).

--
Tibor Karaszi, Cornerstone Sweden AB
MCDBA, MCSE, MCSD, MCT, SQL Server MVP

Quote:> All SQL 7 sp1 on NT 4.0 sp5 tables reflect the true date/time, however,
when
> DTS moves it to our FoxPro tables, it changes it to an offset 12 hours.
Most
> of the time this does not occur. It seems to happen every 20 to 50
records.
> For example, SQL shows a time of 0100 and the record after DTS will show
> 1:00pm

> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Ric Griffy, MCP

1. 24 hour time switches to incorrect am/pm time

Occassionally our SQL 7.0 sp1 on NT sp5 will change the time stamp on a
record from say 5-8-00 01:00:00 to 5-8-00 1:00 pm. It has also gone from
13:00 back to 1:00  am. This occurs at no particular date or time. A partial
solution seems to be to leave the SQL server logged in all the times. We
have already set all computers on our network to 24 hour clock. We also
hacked the registry and set all Default settings to 24 hour.
HELP!!

Rick Griffy, MCP

2. Systables corrupted!

3. UDF to Convert UNIX time into 12 hour time

4. Tracking Database Expansion

5. error ORA-01855: AM/A.M. or PM/P.M. required

6. Table Copy

7. Displaying 12-hour Time format in SQL Server

8. DTS workflow does not work as expected

9. Display 12-hour Time format in SQL Server?

10. T-SQL Code takes 12 hours - help needed to shorten run time

11. ORA-01874 time zone hour must be between -12 and 13

12. Getting AM/PM Time formatting in a field with two Times

13. time format always 12-hour format?