Copy File DTS Package + Permission Denied

Copy File DTS Package + Permission Denied

Post by jw » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 05:34:15

I have a simple dts package that copys a file from one folder to another
folder Using the FileSystemObject
when  I try to execute it I get a prmission denied error.
Who do I need to give permissions to move the files??

thanks

Copy File DTS Package + Permission Denied

Post by JFB » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 05:11:26

Hi,
You need to make permission for the user package inside you network.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q269074
JFB

Quote:> I have a simple dts package that copys a file from one folder to another
> folder Using the FileSystemObject
> when  I try to execute it I get a prmission denied error.
> Who do I need to give permissions to move the files??

> thanks

1. Schedule DTS package ActiveX CreateObject Permission Denied

I've got a DTS package. It creates a blank excel spreadsheet from a
template, populates it with a couple of data transformations, then sends it.

The front worksheet has a pivot table based on the data in the sheet.
I can set it to refresh on open, but I want to refresh it before sending due
to printing issues.

I've set up an activeX script task to open the spreadsheet and refresh the
pivot table.
Our scheduled job running, and startup account is SQLSERVICES. It's a domain
account, and a member of the SYSADMINS role.
When I log on to the server as SQLSERVICES  I can run the package fine
through the DTS designer.

When I schedule it as a job I get a permission denied error on the line:

                Set appExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

It's running under the same account as when it works under in the designer.
The owner of the job is SQLSERVICES and the creater of the package is
SQLSERVICES.

All other aspects of the package work fine as a job eg. file manipulation,
data access, message sending.

Here's the source of the ActiveX script.

We're on SQL Server 7 Service pack 3 and have Excel 2000 loaded on the SQL
Server machine.

Thanks.

'**********************************************************************
'  Visual Basic ActiveX Script
'************************************************************************

Function Main()

dim appExcel

Set appExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

appExcel.Workbooks.Open("\\xxx\testmis\xxxWagons.xls")

appExcel.Workbooks(1).WorkSheets(1).PivotTables(1).RefreshTable

appExcel.Workbooks(1).save

appExcel.Workbooks.Close

appExcel.Quit

Set appExcel = Nothing

Main = DTSTaskExecResult_Success

End Function

2. Modify structure after upsizing fr Access to SQL Server

3. ActiveX Permission Denied Copying File

4. Can't write, update, delete

5. Can anyone help with a permission denied error when copying a file

6. Table functions say "no destination for result data."

7. Help please with a permission denied error when copying a file

8. data mining or statistical analysis with postgresql

9. DTS problem: destination file permission denied after Data Pump is aborted

10. How to copy DTS package from local Package to another server

11. Permission Denied on Scheduled DTS

12. CreateObject (Permission Denied) DTS error 1100

13. Denying DTS permission