A complicate enviroment for merge replication

A complicate enviroment for merge replication

Post by Tanausú Ramíre » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:37:48

Hi ?

 I need to implement a merge replication with SQL Server 2000, with several
types of subscribers in MSDE. Ones are always conected to the publisher
server, either intranet or internet. But other can be off-line, for example
agents with notebooks. All user in any location can inserted data that
correspond with rows that primary keys must be a numbered sequence
continuous (001-002-003-004-005-.....).

1.- I would like to know what it is the best way to manage the primary keys
that must be secuencial numbered. I think so that the identity not is a good
idea or yes ??

2.- How it could manage the identities in the different locations ?

Thanks,  Tanaus RG.

1. A complicate enviroment for merge replication ???

Hi ?

 I need to implement a merge replication with SQL Server 2000, with several
types of subscribers in MSDE. Ones are always conected to the publisher
server, either intranet or internet. But other can be off-line, for example
agents with notebooks. All user in any location can inserted data that
correspond with rows that primary keys must be a numbered sequence
continuous (001-002-003-004-005-.....).

1.- I would like to know what it is the best way to manage the primary keys
that must be secuencial numbered. I think so that the identity not is a good
idea or yes ??

2.- How it could manage the identities in the different locations ?

Thanks,  Tanaus RG.

2. PickSource Facelift

3. Message - No data needed to be merged - using merge replication

4. ? Index coalescing

5. Merge Replication : Merge Agent fails with Garbled sp name errors

6. printing

7. merge replication using Active X merge control

8. General relDB Implementation Question

9. merge replication doesn't merge records

10. Merge Replication with ftp fails after adding A New Merge Article

11. Merge Replication, on-demand PULL replication

12. Replication fails over a VPN (Merge Replication)

13. Merge replication with identity value ranges using not for replication option