Odbc error following 'odbc components error'

Odbc error following 'odbc components error'

Post by Mario Franco Alb » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to install an 120 days evaluation SQL 7 standard, and I've solved
the problem with OBDC components following Neil suggestions. But now I have
another problem. The setup fails while tries to configure the server. I'm
using NT 4.0 SP4 Terminal Server Edition.

The contents of cnfgsvr.out is:

Starting Service...
Connecting to Server...
driver={sql server};server=.;UID=sa;PWD=;database=master
Remapping Server Databases...
[Microsoft][Administrador de controladores ODBC] El controlador no es
compatible con esta funcin
SQL server configuration failed.

The msg is in spanish, but the translation in english is more or less:
The ODBC driver doesn't support this function

Can anyone help me.

Quote:>Diana - at least we're past that one now!

>> okay, I got it installed. ( I had to turn off all of site server
services)
>> now I have another problem.  See my next posting.

> Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
> (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
> For SQL FAQ entries see
> http://go.compuserve.com/sqlserver (library 1) - latest stuff is always
here
> www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
> http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp

1. can′t install - 'odbc components error'

I have sql 6.5, iis, NT service pack 4 , and site server 3.0, visual
interdev and visual basic.  I tried to instlal sql 7.0 and I get this error
right at the beginning : "ODBC components on your system need to be updated
but one or more files are in use or are marked as read-only.  Please close
all applicatioins and press retry.  Note, that a reboot may be required to
free the files."
I turned off all of the services including iis and reboot and i still get
this errror.  It also happens on another machine with the same things
installed.  Any one can help?

2. US-Multiple Cities-Needed: SAP Professionals

3. Runtime Error '1004' General ODBC Error

4. VB, MyODBC, MySQL problems

5. Access 7.0 Form's On Error Event and ODBC Error Messages Incompatible

6. Ghost in SQL Profiler

7. Form's On Error Event and ODBC Error Messages incompatible

8. moving logins

9. ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

10. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

11. ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'