DTSGlobalVariables

Post by KRIEGER Olivie » Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I use DTS To export data From SQL Sever 7 To a Oracle database.

I use DTS to create .txt files to import in ORACLE.

I use in a script this function : DTSGlobalVariables("Value").

I want to put this value a the start of the DTS Package in a table.

How can i do this.

Olivier,

DTSGlobalVariables

Post by Lionel Billo » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I don't really understand what you want to achieve.

If you want to put the value of a Global Variable in a table simply use an
ActiveX Script Task.
Open a connection thank's to ADO and write to your table. If you want to
manage this in a transformation task, just put the
DTSGlobalVariable("MYVARIABLE").value in one of the destination column.

Be carefull with DTSGlobalVariables names, they are case sensitive.

Anyway, let me know more precisely what you want to achieve and i will try
to help you.

Regards,

Lionel

> Hi,

> I use DTS To export data From SQL Sever 7 To a Oracle database.

> I use DTS to create .txt files to import in ORACLE.

> I use in a script this function : DTSGlobalVariables("Value").

> I want to put this value a the start of the DTS Package in a table.

> How can i do this.

> Olivier,

DTSGlobalVariables

Post by Bagyalakshmi Krishnamoorth » Sun, 20 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

You can insert the value of the Global varaible by establishing the
connection to the destination field of the table you want to update.

Thanks
Bagya