Text and Image data handling - more than 64K

Text and Image data handling - more than 64K

Post by News » Fri, 11 Jun 1999 04:00:00

How can I get Text and/or Image data more than 64K
using DbLib-C for a general SQL query like this:

SELECT first_name, phone, photo FROM customers

(photo is > 64K)

In this case, cannot be use dbreadtext instead of dbnextrow.

The online documentation is not exactly make clear this
situation.

Thanks.

Tamas Szabo, development manager
SETUP-Consulting, Corp.

Post by Ivan Santhumayo » Sat, 12 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> How can I get Text and/or Image data more than 64K
> using DbLib-C for a general SQL query like this:

> SELECT first_name, phone, photo FROM customers

> (photo is > 64K)

> In this case, cannot be use dbreadtext instead of dbnextrow.

> The online documentation is not exactly make clear this
> situation.

> Thanks.

> Tamas Szabo, development manager
> SETUP-Consulting, Corp.

You could try setting an option as follows:
SET TEXTSIZE <very large number in bytes>
and then run the SQL in that session.

Ivan
--

Note: These are my own views and not that of Goldman Sachs

Ivan Santhumayor
Database Administrator
Goldman Sachs & Co

1. No images over 64K

Hi Everyone,
        Have a little problem with image fields. whenever i try and
insert a binary file into a image field that is larger than 64K, i get
the error:

// from sql server, platform SDK
"Length of text, ntext, or image data (%ld)
to be replicated exceeds configured maximum %ld."

i should mention that this problem only happens on one of our
databases. I have no problems inserting the same records into other
databases even located on the same server. however i haven't been able
to find any configuration settings that seem to indicate a limit on the
size of this field.

Does anyone know a place where you configure this information?
Does anyone know if this could be caused by some sort of corruption of
the DB?
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks a ton!
Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. SQL MAIL and lotus notes question

3. MOVE T-LOG TO DIFFERENT LOCATION

4. no images over 64K

5. How do I clean DTS cache buffers

6. No images over 64K

7. Decompress JPEG

8. Seeking ActiveX Control to handle image, sound and video with data binding ability

9. Text Field cutting off at 64K

10. Help with text field 64K limit