SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Upgrade Pricing?

Post by Scott Lezber » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 04:10:23

Does Microsoft offer upgrade pricing breaks on SQL 7 to SQL 2000?  When SQL
2000 first came out, you could purchase an upgrade at about a 50% discount.
I can't find any information about upgrade pricing any more on the site.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott

SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Upgrade Pricing?

Post by Andrew J. Kell » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 10:29:55

I believe that special deal was for a limited time only.  But I am sure you
can work something out with your reseller over list price.

--

Andrew J. Kelly
SQL Server MVP

Quote:> Does Microsoft offer upgrade pricing breaks on SQL 7 to SQL 2000?  When
SQL
> 2000 first came out, you could purchase an upgrade at about a 50%
discount.
> I can't find any information about upgrade pricing any more on the site.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks

> Scott

SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Upgrade Pricing?

Post by Bill Chen » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 15:21:26

Hi Scott,

I would like suggest that you call (800) 426-9400 from the United States or
call (877) 568-2495 from Canada to speak with a Microsoft representative.

Regards,

Bill Cheng
Microsoft Support Engineer
--------------------

| Subject: SQL 7 to SQL 2000 Upgrade Pricing?
| Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:10:23 -0400

| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup
|
| Does Microsoft offer upgrade pricing breaks on SQL 7 to SQL 2000?  When
SQL
| 2000 first came out, you could purchase an upgrade at about a 50%
discount.
| I can't find any information about upgrade pricing any more on the site.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Thanks
|
| Scott

1. SQL 2000 Beta to SQL 2000 EE Full Version Upgrade

Hello,
I need to upgrade an existing SQL 2000 Beta Cluster to the full version of
SQL 2000 both EE.  I am wondering if there are any issues, procedures,
problems anyone has encountered doing this.  In the previous version upgrade
paths, you need to uncluster the boxes, upgrade, and then recluster them
afterwards.  Do you have to perform a similar operation if you are going
from 2000 to 2000 or can I just upgrade the binaries on each box and
restart?  Any experience/pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

-Scott

2. Parameter name is unrecognized

3. Problem in upgrading expired SQL 2000 Evaluation Edition to SQL 2000 Developer Edition

4. professional website discussion Oracle database

5. Connecting to Sql Server from asp after upgrade from ms sql 7 to ms sql 2000

6. Information about SQL Server ODBC version

7. Error running script: messages.sql (1) during SQL 7.0 upgrade to SQL 2000 Help

8. Connecting to Sql Server from asp after upgrade from ms sql 7 to ms sql 2000

9. Upgrade 7.0 -> 2000, licensing and pricing question

10. Upgrade Option Grayed Out for SQL Server 2000 Upgrade

11. problem upgrading more than 1 server with sql server 2000 upgrade wizard

12. upgrading from SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000 crashed ADO code