Client Access ODBC linked server - can read not write

Client Access ODBC linked server - can read not write

Post by Casey Burn » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 04:45:57

I have been testing the Client Access ODBC linked server I
have created, and I can query the database with no
problems.  When I try to delete, update, or insert, I
receive the following message:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB
provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Express
ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL7008 - TXINFOP in
IUVALDE not valid for operation.]

I checked my ODBC data source and the Connection Type is
Read/Write.  What could be the problem?  Thanks in advance.

Client Access ODBC linked server - can read not write

Post by FR » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 11:46:56

Start journalling the file on AS400.

Quote:> I have been testing the Client Access ODBC linked server I
> have created, and I can query the database with no
> problems.  When I try to delete, update, or insert, I
> receive the following message:

> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB
> provider returned message: [IBM][Client Access Express
> ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB2/400 SQL]SQL7008 - TXINFOP in
> IUVALDE not valid for operation.]

> I checked my ODBC data source and the Connection Type is
> Read/Write.  What could be the problem?  Thanks in advance.

Client Access ODBC linked server - can read not write

Curious to know if that worked and if not what did ?