Question of syntax with SQLMAINT.EXE

Post by Jeff Tulle » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm having problems with using SQLMAINT from the command line prompt under
NT (I'm sure it's just syntax).

I am typing in the following (where salesv5 is the database name and
cerberus is the server_name).  All I get is the screen of available commands
so I must be doing something wrong.  Well here it is....

SQLMAINT   -Scerberus   -Dsalesv5   -Rpterror.log   -C  -RebldIdx

Does anyone have any ideas please.

Thanks

Jeff Tulley
MATRIX Publishing Systems

Question of syntax with SQLMAINT.EXE

Post by Grant Howel » Wed, 03 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Jeff,

I noticed that there is a space between -D and DB in my task that was
generated using the wizard.  You might try spaces after your switches.
Please let the group know if that works.
--
Grant Howell
JCI/LBS Information Services

1. Backup Question -SQLMAINT.EXE

We are using SQLMAINT.EXE to backup our databases each night.  In this
Command, we are using the -"DelBkUps 1" statement to retain one week of
backups before overlaying them. Unfortunately, we are running out of space
on the backup devices.  Is there any way to change this backup retention to
only three days instead of a full week in order to save on disk space usage?

2. Integrated Security: Login failed for user '[null]'

3. sqlmaint.exe failed: how to repair?

4. Switch dbspaces to another disk/raw-device

5. SQLMAINT.EXE--Not dumping logs

6. Pervasive Error 3111.

7. Q: Diff between CmdExec for SQLMaint.exe versus DUMP

8. replication and firewalls

9. SQLmaint.exe on 400MB+ databases?

10. SQLMAINT.exe

11. Reload a backup file made by SQLMAINT.EXE

12. SQLMAINT.EXE