Can't Start server (Internal NT Error 2140) HELP!

Can't Start server (Internal NT Error 2140) HELP!

Post by monhal » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

Error 2140: An Internal Windows NT Error occurred

Using Windows NT 4.0 and SQL Server 6.5

This message appears when I go to control panel-services and try to start
the MSSQLServer service.  I have installed the loopback adapter and
installed with the /t RegistryRebuild = ON.  Why can't I start the server?

/////////////////

Can't Start server (Internal NT Error 2140) HELP!

Post by c.b.fernal » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

have you checked errorlog?  also try starting sql server
from a command prompt - the console becomes the error log so
you may get more info.

--
jabberwocky

Post by Dwayne K. Lancl » Sat, 10 May 1997 04:00:00

>Error 2140: An Internal Windows NT Error occurred

>Using Windows NT 4.0 and SQL Server 6.5

>This message appears when I go to control panel-services and try to start
>the MSSQLServer service.  I have installed the loopback adapter and
>installed with the /t RegistryRebuild = ON.  Why can't I start the server?

Have you made any changes to your server recently?  Like increasing your
tempdb or model databases or putting tempdb in RAM?  You might want to try
starting SQL Server with the -f and -m options so you can bring it up to
change it back.

----

"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."