dts export to fixed field not working correctly or so it seems

dts export to fixed field not working correctly or so it seems

Post by sdun » Thu, 21 Sep 2000 04:00:00

When I use the dts export to fixed field it seems to shift the fields over
to the previous column if it the preceding column is null.  I have tried
both the null check and unchecked in the advance portion of the export and I
get the same results.  Fixed field should place the columns where you tell
it, but for some reason it want's to shift everything when there is nothing
in the field.  Is this a bug or am I missing something?

1. left outer joins with a whereclause seem to not work correctly

Hi,

I have quite a strange problem using left outer joins.
If I start the query without a where clause the query returns the correct
number of records.

If I add a where clause querying the joined table the query returns more
records than the query without a where clause (the where works correctly but
the join does not!)

following the two queries:

SELECT  PF_AdrTel.AT_TelNr1,
    PF_Person.*,
    PF_Strassen.*,
    PF_Empfaenger.*,
    PF_AdrTel.*
FROM PF_Person LEFT JOIN PF_Strassen ON PF_Person.JP_AS_Nummer =
PF_Strassen.AS_Nummer
               LEFT JOIN PF_Empfaenger ON PF_Strassen.AS_EM_Nummer =
PF_Empfaenger.EM_Nummer
               LEFT JOIN PF_AdrTel ON PF_Empfaenger.EM_AT_Nummer =
PF_AdrTel.AT_Count

SELECT  PF_AdrTel.AT_TelNr1,
    PF_Person.*,
    PF_Strassen.*,
    PF_Empfaenger.*,
    PF_AdrTel.*
FROM PF_Person  LEFT JOIN PF_Strassen ON PF_Person.JP_AS_Nummer =
PF_Strassen.AS_Nummer
         LEFT JOIN PF_Empfaenger ON PF_Strassen.AS_EM_Nummer =
PF_Empfaenger.EM_Nummer
         LEFT JOIN PF_AdrTel ON PF_Empfaenger.EM_AT_Nummer =
PF_AdrTel.AT_Count
WHERE PF_Empfaenger.EM_GebDat >= '01/1/72' And PF_Empfaenger.EM_GebDat <=
'12/12/72'

Has anybody experienced the same behaviour?
Do I anything wrong?

thanks for your help,

Marcus Tainschek
Internet & Development
Saltware EDV GmbH & Co KG

2. Question about Design Approach To SQL 7 -> Access

3. DTS Export: How to have nulls export as blanks on fixed width export

4. '03114 - Unable to connect' - Help!!

5. Summary field not working correctly

6. Store procedure and Global Variable: HELP!!

7. SQL 7 DTS Import does not seem to transfer large varchar fields

8. Dynamically building a form ....

9. DTS and Fixed Field length export - BUG?

10. fixed field export in dts skiping nulls

11. DTS with Fixed Width Text Files DOES NOT WORK

12. SELECT...WHERE EmployeeID NOT IN (...) not working correctly

13. Export doesn't work when all table fields not used