Unix database to Windows database

Post by Keith Pawso » Fri, 03 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Could someone help out there.
I have an Oracle database that was given to me from a Unix OS and I have
been asked to transfer the Data to a SQL server 7 database on the Windows
OS.
My worry is that the data will not be compatible although as they are both
SQL based DB I would have thought them to be OK.
Help much appreciated.

Keith.P.

1. GA-Atlanta-261131--ORACLE-UNIX-Solaris-SUN-Windows NT-Database Administrator (DBA)-Oracle/UNIX/Solaris

=
Company    : Think Resources, Inc.
Website    : http://www.thinkjobs.com
Job Title  : Database Administrator (DBA)-Oracle/UNIX/Solaris
Location   : Atlanta, GA
Job Type   : Full-Time Salaried
============================
Think Resources, Inc. (THINKJOBS.COM) is Atlanta's staffing link between
technical personnel and technical jobs. Serving the Southeast, Georgia and
metro Atlanta area since 1988, THINKJOBS.COM has used state of the art
technology to successfully place more than 5,000 professionals into new
positions.

A fast growing, Atlanta based CLEC (Competitive Local Exchange Carrier) has an
immediate need for a Sr. Oracle DBA with 4+ years of experience. You will be
responsible for all aspects of the Oracle database. This includes supporting
functions of design, implementation, administration, problem resolution and
performance tuning. Experience with Oracle 7.x and 8.x are needed. You must be
able to install the Oracle database on a UNIX server, preferably Sun. Any
experience with Windows NT Server is helpful. Excellent pay and benefits. Stock
options included!

Travel Required          :None
Educational Requirements :None
Preferred Degree         :OPEN
=
Required Skills
* ORACLE
* UNIX
* Solaris
* SUN
* Windows NT
=
=
Contact Information:
Reference : 17229
Recruiter

** Matching Resumes E-mailed daily
**  Your ads are virtually guaranteed to be seen by jobseekers on the NET **

                    ** Automatic Posting to **
   ** Yahoo            ** Americas Job Bank    ** AltaVista   *** ClassifiedsWarehouse
   ** erpcentral.com   ** Classifieds 2000     ** Usenet Newsgroups
           ** VBOnline.com   ** ORASearch.com

2. Migrating from CA/Ingres to Oracle

3. Can Unix and Windows Share a Database?

4. Search and Replace string DLL

5. CA-SAN JOSE-258206--ORACLE-Q/A Testing-Windows NT-UNIX-SQL-Relational Database-T

6. Help! sql queries

7. CA-Mountain View-268149--Database Design-ORACLE-SUN-UNIX-Solaris-Windows NT-Clie

8. Help, Help

9. MA-BOSTON-83118--Technical Support-Database Applications-Windows-UNIX-Relational

10. NY-NEW YORK-93150--UNIX-Windows NT-ORACLE-Database Architect