Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

Post by Rick Barlo » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 08:34:50

I have a straightforward task that consistently fails.
I have a couple of databases on an active 7.0 instance of MSSQL
1) I made a database backup (standard) along with the verfy using
    Enterprise Manager-> Right Click on 'specific database, (eg. MyDB) ->
all tasks -> Backup Database
2) I move the dump file to the other machine
3) I go to the new installation of MSSQL 2000,
    Enterprise Manager-> Right Click on Databases -> all tasks -> Restore
Database.
    I name the databases, specify the from device, and set the options to
put the files into the right place on disk.
    I start the operation, it appears to complete, but at the very end a
error dialog appears....

           Error message indicates "The database is not published".

I have also tried to create the database on the new machine ahead of time,
and have published it as well, to no avail.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What can I do?
Thank you.
Rick

Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

Post by paul » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 02:38:19

try using sp_attachdb and sp_detachdb

Quote:-----Original Message-----

.