unable to connect to the analysis server

unable to connect to the analysis server

Post by Enriqu » Tue, 08 Oct 2002 21:07:36

Hi Leon,

try to change the Anonymous acces in the IIS of the MSOLAP.ASP page for a
user that can acces the cubes.

Un saludo,

Enrique

Quote:> created OLAP cube to be read over the Internet using Front
> Page Ext. and SQL2k. Cube roles and security ok, and info
> can be read from the Internet IP address on the same
> server over the Internet but not from other PCs over the
> Internet. Page on the Internet for other PCs are visible
> but "Unable to connect..." appears in the PivotTable. What
> is the problem.

unable to connect to the analysis server

Post by Leon » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:32:30

After contacting MS, it seems that the Data Analysis
product does not work across the Internet because of
security problems with multiple hops. They knew of the
problem which brings into question what about PivotTable
and Chart components working on the Internet. It works on
a single IP hop or Intranet and may be Extranet. Other
products which are layered on top of the Data Analysis
server i.e., Hummingbird and Hyperion etc., have Internet
capibilities. Products like NovaView which is written by
Panorama has it's own server for Internet support. MS
brought the Data Analysis product from them in 1999. All
of the other products cost over $20k+ to $500k to do this
function. MS did give us an html line change because which
has to be added for each page generated from FP which is a
pain and does not solve the problem totally. The fix does
not work on all machines we have found, so we are
stuck.........
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Leon,

>try to change the Anonymous acces in the IIS of the

MSOLAP.ASP page for a
>user that can acces the cubes.

>Un saludo,

>Enrique

>> created OLAP cube to be read over the Internet using
Front
>> Page Ext. and SQL2k. Cube roles and security ok, and
info
>> can be read from the Internet IP address on the same
>> server over the Internet but not from other PCs over the
>> Internet. Page on the Internet for other PCs are visible
>> but "Unable to connect..." appears in the PivotTable.
What
>> is the problem.

>.

unable to connect to the analysis server

Post by Neil Pik » Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:26:57

 Leon,

Quote:> After contacting MS, it seems that the Data Analysis
> product does not work across the Internet because of
> security problems with multiple hops.

 Can you give technical details of this?  The "internet" is no different to a
local network (call it intranet if you like) in pure network terms.  It is
larger and slower than any internal network, but the hardware, software and
protocols it runs on are identical.

 Reply here - no email
 SQL FAQ (484 entries) see
 (faqxxx.zip in lib 7)
 or www.sqlserverfaq.com
 or www.mssqlserver.com/faq

1. "unable to connect to the Analysis server"

created OLAP cube to be read over the Internet using Front
Page Ext. and SQL2k. Cube roles and security ok, and info
can be read from the Internet IP address on the same
server over the Internet but not from other PCs over the
Internet. Page on the Internet for other PCs are visible
but "Unable to connect..." appears in the PivotTable. What
is the problem. See http://68.153.195.128/sales.asp

2. passing variables to OPENQUERY

3. Analysis Services - Unable to connect tol the registry on the server

4. Dbexport Error

5. Analysis Services: Unable to connect to Registry on Server

6. IF statement, Procedure in a Procedure problem

7. Unable to connect to Analysis Server

8. Connection is using for another statement

9. Unable to connect to analysis server

10. Unable to connect to the registry of the Analysis Server

11. Unable to Connect from SQL 2000 to Analysis Server

12. unable to connect to analysis server

13. Analysis Manager cannot connect to Analysis Server