transactional replication - how to "Synchronize Now "

transactional replication - how to "Synchronize Now "

Post by Steve » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I have transactional replication setup on SQL Server 7.0.    I  am looking
for T-SQL to run it from a stored procedure.   I do not want to
"re-initialize" the publication meaning that I don't want  to replicate the
entire publication, but I want to replicate only the data that changed.    I
tried the sp_reinitsubscription, but I think that replicates the entire
data.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve S

transactional replication - how to "Synchronize Now "

Post by Steve » Fri, 01 Dec 2000 04:00:00

I believe I solved my problem!  There is a job that runs the distrubution
agent with a category of "Repl-Distrubution".  When I start this manually,
then the data that was changed is replicated.

Have a nice day!

> I have transactional replication setup on SQL Server 7.0.    I  am looking
> for T-SQL to run it from a stored procedure.   I do not want to
> "re-initialize" the publication meaning that I don't want  to replicate
the
> entire publication, but I want to replicate only the data that changed.
> tried the sp_reinitsubscription, but I think that replicates the entire
> data.

> Does anyone know how to do this?

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Steve S

1. login "distributor_admin" for transactional replication

Tring to configure transactional replicaion using
Enterprise Manager , but got
the following err msg after entering all the required data:
"Could not configure "MSDBA01" as the distributor.
Error 18483: Coutld not connect to server "MSDBA01"
because distributor_admin is not defined as a remote login
at the server".    Is this login created by the the
Creating Publisher, Distributor process or it has to be
created by me manually?

2. TPC-D compilation problem

3. Error when configure "Transactional Replication"

4. US-CA-San Diego Permanent Entry-Sr. SWE/Prog Analysts

6. Dodgy Spamming

7. What is "Transactional DDL?"

8. executeUpdate avec deux resultset.

9. "."and ","

10. The+instruction+at+"0x1f90db9b"+referenced+memory+at+"0x7fa03794"+The+memory+cou

11. How to make a "decimal"-field to an "integer"-field

12. "."and ","