'No output parameters returned' Error

Post by Joerg Erdmenge » Wed, 24 Jun 1998 04:00:00

I'm running a stored procedure from an ASP which returns an Output
Parameter.
The code looks like that:

    Set objCmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
    objCmd.ActiveConnection = oConn

    objCmd.CommandText="servicetest"
    objCmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc

255, "")
    objCmd.Parameters.Append objParam

4, 1)
    objCmd.Parameters.Append objParam

    objCmd.Execute

If the ASP sits on an NT Server running IIS 3.0 it works fine, if it sits on
a server running IIS 4.0 with the latest ADO/ODBC setup it comes up with
that error message:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Procedure executed with 'EXEC'. No output
parameters returned.

Any suggestions

Joerg

1. Return output parameters from EXEC('tsql')

Hi
I call one sp from another. Name of nested procedure is dynamically build .
so I have to use the sp_executesql or EXECUTE statement.
Nested procedure have output parameter which has to be returned to calling
procedure

BOL : "The Transact-SQL statements in the executed string do not have access
to any of the variables declared in the batch that contains the
sp_executesql or EXECUTE statement. The batch containing the sp_executesql
or EXECUTE statement does not have access to variables or local cursors
defined in the executed string. "

I've found way out using #table but maybe there is more elegant solution?
Does anyone know?

 Create table #tmp (S numeric(20,2))

 Drop table #tmp

Your help would greatly be appreciated.
Valentin Kolesov MCSE MCDBA

2. MS-Access 97 to SQL Server to MS-Access 97

3. Output parameter doesn't return from Explict mode call

4. Sybase and Win 95

5. Can't pass return value or output parameter to ADO if storeproc updates

6. Importing Borland Reflex 1.x databases

7. ODBC calling stored proc: Can't get output parameter or return value to work

8. VB Reporting: 1 Report, Multiple Unrelated Recordsets....

9. How does OUTPUT keyword affect parameter's use as INPUT parameter

10. Formal parameter '@v_type' was defined as OUTPUT but the actual parameter not declared OUTPUT.

11. 'loadjava'-command returns strange error messages

12. Numeric Output problem with 'MS ODBC Driver to Oracle'/Access'97/Oracle

13. Output parameters don't seem to work