1. Creating a Repl over the internet
My question is, how can I create a replication that can replicate threw the internet. My situation is that, one server is in Chicago, while the other server is in Irvine. But I want to replicate threw the internet without a VPN or using FTP. I know you cant use UNC threw the internet, Only IP's. But my problem is, I dont know how to do that, replicate threw the IP. Cause by default, it uses UNC, which I dont want. Is there a way I can create a query that says "here is the IP, here is the info I want replicated"?????? Or is there a way threw the UI to change the default from using UNC's to IP's?????
Thanks for any help you could give.
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
2. Discarding records with SQLLDR
3. Error 515 on Merge Repl over internet.
5. duplicated key inside system repl procedure when getting next repl job
7. D4 , D5 and internet technologies that allow to create internet databases
9. MERGE REPL: Initial snapshot creates a new table schema at Subscriber's site
10. Creating an integrated Internet WITHOUT A BROWSER !!
11. Using T-SQL to create a replication threw the internet
12. Creating an integrated Internet WITHOUT A BROWSER !!
13. How do you create a Internet database connection