Restoring a published database to a non- published database

Restoring a published database to a non- published database

Post by Delton Blackwel » Thu, 08 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is there anything special about restoring a published database to a non-
published database?

SQL Server 6.5, Service Pack 4,
NT 4.0 Service Pack 3

1. Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

I have a straightforward task that consistently fails.
I have a couple of databases on an active 7.0 instance of MSSQL
1) I made a database backup (standard) along with the verfy using
    Enterprise Manager-> Right Click on 'specific database, (eg. MyDB) ->
all tasks -> Backup Database
2) I move the dump file to the other machine
3) I go to the new installation of MSSQL 2000,
    Enterprise Manager-> Right Click on Databases -> all tasks -> Restore
Database.
    I name the databases, specify the from device, and set the options to
put the files into the right place on disk.
    I start the operation, it appears to complete, but at the very end a
error dialog appears....

           Error message indicates "The database is not published".

I have also tried to create the database on the new machine ahead of time,
and have published it as well, to no avail.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What can I do?
Thank you.
Rick

2. FoxPro Databases FAQ #0: Welcome To The Machine

3. Restoring a database, fails with database not published

4. How to use Record Count?

5. Problem Restoring an SQL 7.0 database to SQL 2000 - Database Not Published

6. Grouping data by week

7. Available Publishing Databases Under Publishing

8. ident sameuser failure

9. Restoring published database to a new server.

10. Restoring a published database into SQL Server 2000

11. Database is not published error upon restore

12. Restoring a published database into SQL Server 2000

13. restoring published database to a new server