Need Internet Information Server (IIS) for my Windows XP Home Edition PC

Need Internet Information Server (IIS) for my Windows XP Home Edition PC

Post by Scott Chan » Thu, 19 Dec 2002 02:57:19

Hi all,

I need a Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
installed in my Windows XP Home Edition PC to do the
local asp/XML programming.   Is any free or commercial
IIS in the Microsoft resource for me to upgrade my PC?
Do I need somethings else beside IIS to do the local
asp.XML programming?  Please help and advise.

Thanks in advance,
Scott  Chang

Need Internet Information Server (IIS) for my Windows XP Home Edition PC

Post by Bryant Like » Fri, 20 Dec 2002 07:37:39

Quote:> Hi all,

> I need a Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
> installed in my Windows XP Home Edition PC to do the
> local asp/XML programming.   Is any free or commercial
> IIS in the Microsoft resource for me to upgrade my PC?
> Do I need somethings else beside IIS to do the local
> asp.XML programming?  Please help and advise.

You will need to upgrade to XP Pro to get IIS 5.1 if you want to use the XML
features of SQL Server. However, if you just want to run ASP.Net you can
install a free server from http://www.asp.net.

--
Bryant

1. Invalid Coonection in VC++.NET Standard that is in Windows XP Home Edition PC

Hello all,
I ran ConnectedApplication.cpp (see the attached file) on
my Visual C++.NET Standard program that is in my Windows
XP Home Edition PC and I got "Error occurred: Invalid
conncetion". Please help and tell me what is wrong with
my propgram or in my computer system.
Thanks in advance,
Scott  Chang

  ConnectedApplication.cpp
2K Download

2. jdbc and distributed transactions

3. Installing SQL Server on a XP Home Edition PC

4. reindex in tab completion

5. installing ms sql 2000 server in windows XP home edition

6. Problems with LOCK

7. Connecting from Windows XP Home Edition using Windows NT authentication

8. Installing SQL Server in Windows XP Home Edition

9. cannot install SQL Server 2000 on Windows XP home edition

10. D3/NT and Windows XP Home Edition

11. Problem with install MSDE on Windows XP Home Edition

12. How to install Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition on Win XP Home Edit