Launch exe file from trigger

Post by Bill Karble » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 06:33:15

Does anyone out there know how I could launch an .exe file
when a row in a table has been updated on specific fields.
Basically if an update is done to a specific row in a
table then the trigger or procedure or script will fire
off the .exe file.

Thanks,
Bill

Launch exe file from trigger

Post by oj » Sat, 06 Oct 2001 06:45:07

you can fire off an executable but you will not have user interact with the
app by using xp_cmdshell.

-oj

Quote:> Does anyone out there know how I could launch an .exe file
> when a row in a table has been updated on specific fields.
> Basically if an update is done to a specific row in a
> table then the trigger or procedure or script will fire
> off the .exe file.

> Thanks,
> Bill

Launch exe file from trigger

Post by raju girdh » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 01:17:00

Hello Bill,
In your UPDATE trigger, you could use "xp_cmdshell" to execute an operating
system .exe file.
For more information, check SQL Books Online section "xp_cmdshell".

Hope this helps.

Raju Girdher MCSE
SQL Support Engineer, Microsoft

Please reply only to newsgroups. When posting, please state the version of

error message text received, if any.

Disclaimer:
reserved.