Using crystal Reports Web to report on SQL database requires password

Using crystal Reports Web to report on SQL database requires password

Post by Marjorie A. Crocke » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I am a newbie to both SQL and Crystal Reports 6.0.  I have an SQL 6.5
sp4 database and when I try to access a web report based on this
database I get the following message:

"The report you requested requires further information.
Please provide the following:
Database Logon(s):
                         Server Name: HelpDeskDB
                         Database Name: HelpDeskDB
                         User ID:
                        Password:"

Even if I enter the correct password and it still keeps bringing endless
prompt for a password.  How do you set up a web report on an SQL
database where the end users will not have to enter any type of password
to access the database?  I have tried web reports using Access databases
without any problems.  Does there have to be some type of anonymous
account in SQL?  Can you use a trusted connection on the web reporting?

Marjorie A. Crocker
Chief Information Officer
Covenant College
14049 Scenic Highway
Lookout Mountain, GA  30750-9601
phone: (706) 820-1572 ext. 7716
fax: (706) 820-2165

http://www.covenant.edu

Using crystal Reports Web to report on SQL database requires password

Post by Alan Runya » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Marjorie-

the work around I used:

1.grab the newest MDAC from ms www site
2.install it on the NT machine running IIS/crystal report www service
3.you can specify in the ODBC DSN  to login automatically either using NT or
SQLServer authentification.
        * remember to check the sql box
        * fill out the login information, I used a account that had read
perms to views w/o a passwd
4. set the default db in ODBC, if not on SQLServer.
5. Test the ODBC source, if it works, your set.

~alan

> I am a newbie to both SQL and Crystal Reports 6.0.  I have an SQL 6.5
> sp4 database and when I try to access a web report based on this
> database I get the following message:

> "The report you requested requires further information.
> Please provide the following:
> Database Logon(s):
>                          Server Name: HelpDeskDB
>                          Database Name: HelpDeskDB
>                          User ID:
>                         Password:"

> Even if I enter the correct password and it still keeps bringing endless
> prompt for a password.  How do you set up a web report on an SQL
> database where the end users will not have to enter any type of password
> to access the database?  I have tried web reports using Access databases
> without any problems.  Does there have to be some type of anonymous
> account in SQL?  Can you use a trusted connection on the web reporting?

> Marjorie A. Crocker
> Chief Information Officer
> Covenant College
> 14049 Scenic Highway
> Lookout Mountain, GA  30750-9601
> phone: (706) 820-1572 ext. 7716
> fax: (706) 820-2165

> http://www.covenant.edu

1. ???Using Crystal Report for reporting in a database

I have used Crystal Reports 5.0 a little and know the basics.  I would like
to ask some of the more advanced users of this programs what it's shortcomings
are.  I've heard that when multiple sub-reports are on a report, it slows
down dramatically.  We have also been unpleased with the inability to pass
parameters to a compiled report.  We are also looking into Impromptu 4.0 so if
anyone can give me any information on this program it would help too.  Thanks for
the help.

Brandon

2. Clustered Index

3. Question: Outer Joins in MS SQL-Server when using Sub-Reports of Crystal Reports

4. IUSR Account Fails to Login to SQL Server

5. Crystal Reports/SQL 2000 - Reporting from a Stored Procedure with multiple selects (for a sub-report)

6. Provider not found error

7. Password problem using Crystal Reports HELP ME !!

8. parallel Query

9. Crystal Reports ANd VB 6.0 Printing reports using CRPEAUTO Object, specifying paper orientation problem

10. Printing report from Dynaset using Crystal Report and VB