Reading Role Permissions via DSO and VB

Post by Derek Pettinat » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 00:06:26

Hi,

I'm trying to simply read Cube Level Role Permissions
using DSO and VB.

I see that the Role object has a Permissions property that
is read only but I'm unsure on how to use it.  I can
retrieve the Role names but Permissions are always empty
strings.

Any help or thoughts on this would be great.

Thank you,
Derek.

Reading Role Permissions via DSO and VB

Post by Mike Mullin » Sun, 02 Dec 2001 06:15:08

If you had any knowledge of OLAP in general you would know
how to do this. I hate when new guys who do not know there
ass from there elbow use this forum. It clogs up this site
with absolutely mindless requests. I hope you do not
program for a living becuase I would fire you within a
day. Why don't you take a few classes and then try posting
to the newsgroup again

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by Fran » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 18:01:01

> If you had any knowledge of OLAP in general you would know
> how to do this. I hate when new guys who do not know there
> ass from there elbow use this forum. It clogs up this site
> with absolutely mindless requests. I hope you do not
> program for a living becuase I would fire you within a
> day. Why don't you take a few classes and then try posting
> to the newsgroup again

Hi Mike.
Pretty arrogant, huh?
Who died and made you the King?

Reading Role Permissions via DSO and VB

Post by Dere » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 23:22:12

Mike,

Thanks for all of your help!
I forgot to read all of the rules of this forum that said
only "experts" are allowed to post questions.
Please tell me where to post my OLAP questions and it
would be helpful if you could let all of us know what type
of questions we can ask around here.

It took you more time to write an arrogant response than
simply pointing me in the right direction.  And in
response to your "fire me" response.  I'm amazed an
arrogant * like you has a job.  Everybody loves a "Mr.
Know-it-all".  When your co-workers have a question, do
you tell them to "go take a class"?

I refuse to respond to my knowledge of programming to a
low-life like yourself.  Because of people like you this
forum is clogged.  With "real" answers people would be
able to head in the right direction and not keep asking
things.

Why should I take a week long class on accessing OLAP via
DSO when all I need to do is read permissions and someone
with the knowledge could help me out?

I hope a moderator of this forum sees your response and
somehow gets *s like you out of here.

Derek.

Quote:>> If you had any knowledge of OLAP in general you would
know
>> how to do this. I hate when new guys who do not know
there
>> ass from there elbow use this forum. It clogs up this
site
>> with absolutely mindless requests. I hope you do not
>> program for a living becuase I would fire you within a
>> day. Why don't you take a few classes and then try
posting
>> to the newsgroup again

>Hi Mike.
>Pretty arrogant, huh?
>Who died and made you the King?
>.

1. Reading Role Permissions via DSO and VB

When I read this article I got very angry. I had the same problem,
becauese DSO-Role-Permission is really stupid implemented. It took me an
hour to find out, that my required permission names were
"AllowDrillThrough" and "Access". I'm not an American and the rest of
the world has indeed problems to find out the correct names. And I still
couldn't find a list with permission names.

So Mike's answer is so arrogant, that in my company he would't have
a chance to work loger than a day. I guess he is a stupid, ignorant
american not knowing the difference between Austria and Australia.
He should take a class in "netiquette" (but I guess he never heard
about this)

KEEP THE WEB CLEAN FROM ARROGANT ASSES !!!

2. Length funtion syntax

3. SQL Mail

4. Accessing Roles Permissions via DSO

5. - Oracle HR/Payroll Consultants

6. ADABAS-D USERS !!

7. fails while setting role permissions using DSO

8. Adding roles via DSO - Performance

9. Creating cube roles via DSO = huge memory leak?

10. Adding users to OLAP database role with VB/dso

11. DSO created Cube roles not connected to the corresponding Database role