DTS numbers in Access to flat file

Post by T. Heisle » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am using DTS to extract a large amount of data from Access97 to a flat
file. Four months ago everything was fine, I was exporting numeric data
(column defined as Double) and the value 72.18 was 72.18 in the flat
file. Now I run the same export and get 72.189999999999998.

I have verified this by taking the same Access97 database and exporting
it using a different machine and everthing is fine. So obviously
something has changed on my machine. The only noteworthy change was
installing MS Project 2000. Can anyone point me in the right direction
of what the problem might be or where this numeric conversion is
happening?

Thanks in advance,

Terry H

1. Accessing Flat files through DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

Hello,

I am interested in defining a DTS package that transforms data from
flat files to SQL Server table.

I would like to access the flat files through the DTS Flat File OLE DB
Provider.

But, I couldn't find any information on how to define the metadata of
the Flat files.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hayim Salti

2. Ent.Mgr v7 - Current Activity - Process Info

3. DTS export to a flat file with float columns causes crash (SQL2000 - SP3)

4. system catalogs

5. How to use the flat file provider with VB6 automated DTS

6. Access to SQL Server 7 Query conversion with FIRST Keyword

7. how to delete a flat file with DTS

8. Foxpro for SCO under BSD?

9. SQL Server DTS Flat File OLE DB Provider

10. Collate Error in DTS Import of ASCII flat file

11. DTS to odbc flat file

12. create flat file export with dts, different column lengths

13. DTS flat file