Double Login Prompt

Post by Dan Smit » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have set up a few users to login into a SQL 6.5 server residing on an NT
3.51 server,  the clients (which are on a different TCP/IP subnet from the
server) are running Win 95 and Access 2.0 with TCP/IP transport protocol.
What seems to happen is these users start access and go to look at a
datasheet view of the SQL table from within Access and they are prompted to
login (we are using mixed security) then the datasheet view starts to fill
in but once the first screen full of data has been displayed they are asked
to login again (they can select cancel and everything seems ok).  Any ideas
on what might be causing this double login prompt and what I have to do to
fix it?

Dan

1. Question: SQL Server Login Prompt

Hello to all SQL Gurus,

We are accessing SQL Server 6.5 tables via ODBC.  We have a VisualAge for
Smalltalk server application that is running on the same NT server as SQL
Server 6.5 is running.  This Smalltalk server processes trigger messages
from an AS/400.  Everything works great, but there is an occasional glitch
(usually when performing a load which sends down a lot of messages).  The
glitch is that we will get a SQL Server login prompt.  This is a problem
since most of our clients run loads overnight.  They don't like it too much
if they come in the next morning and there is a login prompt and a backlog
of messages to process.  Once the user logs in, it continues to work just
fine.

Our server process for triggers will gain a connection to SQL Server using
a hard codes user name and password.  It will then run a stored procedure
and disconnect.

I'm wondering if the problem is that the connection stays around in SQL and
we eventually reach the max, and by the time the user logs back in, some of
the connections have cleared.

Any ideas, suggestions, or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

David Cook

2. "Table does not exist" SQL3304N on IMPORT

3. Access 97 / SQL Server: Login Prompts when query is run twice

4. A little help(!) from a very new SQL Server person

5. Unwanted SQL Login Prompt

6. Dirty Page Error

7. ODBC Prompts user for login details rather than reporting error

8. Setting option to prompt SQL for login box

9. Redundant SQL Login Prompt

10. Access 95 / SQL Server: Login Prompts

11. Login prompt

12. Unattended processing and login prompts - how to stop?