register a remote server

Post by Fabio Cerdeir » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Please help me --

I want to register one SQL Server out of my network, behind a proxy on the
internet.
I want update de database and create, delete or alter tables.
What I need to know to register this sql server, for exemple the IP address
of sql server machine.
I will do this on Enterprise Manager of SQL, but the server need a special
configuration ?

Thanks.. []'s and
Sorry my poor english..

register a remote server

Post by Neil Pik » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Fabio,

 Just the IP address should do.

Quote:> I want to register one SQL Server out of my network, behind a proxy on the
> internet.
> I want update de database and create, delete or alter tables.
> What I need to know to register this sql server, for exemple the IP address
> of sql server machine.
> I will do this on Enterprise Manager of SQL, but the server need a special
> configuration ?

 (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
 For SQL FAQ entries see www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
 and http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
 and GO MSSQL Lib 1 on Compuserve

register a remote server

Post by Keith Chadwic » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

If on port other than 1433 then follow the IP address with a comma then port
number.  Be sure you client config is set to use IP.

Keith Chadwick
Leeward Systems

>Fabio,

> Just the IP address should do.

>> I want to register one SQL Server out of my network, behind a proxy on
the
>> internet.
>> I want update de database and create, delete or alter tables.
>> What I need to know to register this sql server, for exemple the IP
address
>> of sql server machine.
>> I will do this on Enterprise Manager of SQL, but the server need a
special
>> configuration ?

> Neil Pike MVP/MCSE.  Protech Computing Ltd
> (Please post ALL replies to the newsgroup only unless indicated otherwise)
> For SQL FAQ entries see www.ntfaq.com/sql.html
> and http://www.swynk.com/faq/sql/sqlserverfaq.asp
> and GO MSSQL Lib 1 on Compuserve

1. unable to register the remote server

hello
i am trying internet replication between 2 sql server 7 .
one is on internet configured as Publisher and distributor
and i am using my server as subscriber.
I want to do pull subscription .
To do this i need to see the remote server in my
Enterprise Manager.
I have congigured the client Network utility for the
remote computer.
But when i try to register the remote server i get an
error like
"sql server reditration falied.Connection Open.Check your
nework Documents"

Anybody have the soultion.???????

2. Query timeouts .... what am I missing???

3. Registering a remote server

4. TN-NASHVILLE-32991--ORACLE-DBA Skills-C-AIX-Oracle DBA

5. registering a remote server

6. ODBC and PDQPRIORITY

7. need help, can't register a remote server, The error is "timeout expired".

8. PROJECT MANAGER/C.S. DEVELOPMENT...CHICAGO/IL

9. unable to register remote server

10. Unable to register / connect to remote sql server.

11. Enterprise Mgr can't register remote SQL2K Server

12. Can't register remote SQL server in SBS

13. Can't Register remote server...More