Problem while connecting to Analysis Server installed on Windows XP

Problem while connecting to Analysis Server installed on Windows XP

Post by praveena sridha » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 14:34:44

We are having a problem connecting to Analysis server on Windows XP.Is
this a problem with XP?This is very urgent for us.
Thanks in advance.
regards
Praveena

Problem while connecting to Analysis Server installed on Windows XP

Post by Akshai Mirchandani [MS » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:20:26

Have you tried installing SP2?

Otherwise, it would help to have a more specific description of the error.

Thanks
Akshai
purposes only.

Quote:

> We are having a problem connecting to Analysis server on Windows XP.Is
> this a problem with XP?This is very urgent for us.
> Thanks in advance.
> regards
> Praveena

Problem while connecting to Analysis Server installed on Windows XP

Post by praveena sridha » Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:46:24

Hi
we are able to connect from MDX Sample Application But from the folowing
script we are unable to;

sql="MDX"
set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
   set rs= server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

   cn.Open "provider=msolap;data source=m/c name"
   cn.DefaultDatabase = "reports_Olap"
   'set rs.ActiveConnection = cn

   rs.Open sql, cn, 3,3

this used to work with all the OLAP server which were installed on m/c's
other than WinXP.

regards
Praveena

Problem while connecting to Analysis Server installed on Windows XP

Post by Akshai Mirchandani [MS » Sun, 13 Jan 2002 05:14:56

Please include what error you are getting...

Some things to look at:
1. Try using provider=msolap.2
2. Use MDX Sample to check whether the database reports_Olap is accessible
(maybe its not processed or unavailable through security)

HTH
Akshai

purposes only.

Quote:> Hi
> we are able to connect from MDX Sample Application But from the folowing
> script we are unable to;

> sql="MDX"
> set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>    set rs= server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

>    cn.Open "provider=msolap;data source=m/c name"
>    cn.DefaultDatabase = "reports_Olap"
>    'set rs.ActiveConnection = cn

>    rs.Open sql, cn, 3,3

> this used to work with all the OLAP server which were installed on m/c's
> other than WinXP.

> regards
> Praveena

1. Cannot connect to SQL Server (7) after installing Windows XP

You may have to clarify this problem step by step:
1. Ping the SQL server.
2. Net use \\remote sql machine
3. Check the client network utility settings.
4. Telnet <sql server ip> 1433
5. Try query analyzer.

Peter

2. Upgrade from 8.1.5 on Linux?

3. SQK Server Desktop problem after Windows XP install

4. Join two databases

5. Analysis Services 2000 /Windows XP / Office XP

6. Storing images in Oracle 7.1.5

7. Microsoft XML for Analysis SDK vs SQL Server with Windows XP

8. COMMUNICATIONS FOR PDOX

9. SQL2000 Desktop Install Failure on Windows XP from Office XP

10. Problems installing SQLServer 2000 Developer Edition on Windows XP Pro

11. Install problem SQL2K on Windows XP Professional

12. Problem with install MSDE on Windows XP Home Edition

13. Problems installing on Windows XP Professional